I thought for a while about giving up my weekly What I Ate Wednesday posts, thinking that maybe people get sick of looking at my food pictures. Then, the other day I was reading an article about celebrity food diaries. 45 minutes later had read a million articles about what models/actresses eat every day, all the while thinking things like-
- “Lies. Nobody likes steamed chicken.”
- “Finally, someone who loves wine as much as I do! This is proof that if I become famous, I won’t have to give up my vino.”
- “God, Jennifer Aniston is so amazing. I hope my skin looks like hers when I get older.”
- “Ok, her ‘secret’ is not pilates. Her secret is that she’s 21 years old. Give it a few years, honey, your metabolism will abandon you eventually.”
That’s when I realized that we’re all nosy people by nature and it was probably best if I continue this weekly tradition.
This WIAW party is hosted by Jenn, so head on over to her site after this to see what others are eating. This time, to up the “nosy” factor and cause I was bored at work, I plugged everything into My Fitness Pal and I’m including the calorie info for my meals. I don’t like getting this detailed all the time with my food, but I am a data lover so sometimes it’s fun to look at what I’m getting nutrition-wise.
*Disclaimer- I’m listing the nutritional breakdown for ONE day. Please don’t assume this is how I eat every day or that how I eat will work for you.
- 60 minute Hot Yoga class
- 25 minute walk
- 72 ounces
- 1 white peach
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Calories– 314, Protein– 34g, Carbs– 36g, Fat– 4 grams
- Panera 1/2 power kale caesar salad with chicken
- Panera 1/2 turkey avocado BLT
Calories– 520, Protein– 37g, Carbs– 29g, Fat– 28g
I gave the apple away to a co-worker who needed a snack, because I’m very generous.
- 2 servings of Triscuits (garden herb flavor)
Calories in Triscuits- 240, Protein– 6g, Carbs– 40g, Fat– 8g
I never got around to eating the apple. Apparently I was not meant to eat an apple yesterday.
- bagged salad mix
- cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado
- sliced cucumber
- red onion
- grilled shrimp
- southwestern ranch dressing
Calories– 259, Protein– 14g, Carbs– 15g, Fat– 13g
Calories- 250 (two glasses)
Total for the day:
- Calories = 1583
- Protein = 91g
- Carbs = 124g
- Fat = 53g
- Sugar = 27 grams
- Fiber = 17 grams
I like taking a look at the breakdown like this every now and then. Not that I really DO much with this information, mind you, but I do find it interesting. One change I wish I’d made was eating my apple in the afternoon. I didn’t feel hungry at all and was busy at work, but sometime during my commute home I suddenly got ravenous. I also wish I’d had some black beans or something to add to my salad to give it extra nutrients, but I didn’t have any on hand.
Now let’s hear about what you’re eating these days!
What’s the best thing you ate yesterday?
Do you enjoy seeing the nutrition breakdown or do you not really care?
What’s your favorite fruit to eat in smoothies? I liked the peach smoothie, but I didn’t LOVE it. I think frozen bananas still have my heart.