Another weekend in the bag! It was a pretty uneventful weekend here in Williamsburg and I was feeling pretty burned out from the work week. I mostly vegged out, though I did get through some errands/cleaning/etc. Aside from the usual chores and long walks with Bella, I basically have nothing to report. I even went through my phone to look for any pictures before realizing I didn’t take any. And there you go. Worst blogger ever.
BUT! Before I forget, don’t forget to stop in tomorrow and check out these banana split dessert nachos, which are much more exciting than my weekend was.
And since I have no weekend stories to share with you, instead let’s talk about the Green Blender box I recently received to review, then we’ll talk about weekly workouts!
Green Blender Review
Recently, the folks at Green Blender reached out to ask if I wanted to try one of their smoothie boxes to review. I immediately said yes and was excited to see what surprises were in store for me. Basically, Green Blender is a smoothie delivery company. If you subscribe, you’ll get a different smoothie box every week, complete with pre-packaged/portioned ingredients, instructions, and information on the ingredients.
Once you’ve got all the ingredients, you just throw everything into a blender and enjoy! The website says you’ll get enough for 10 smoothies, but I like my smoothies to be gigantic, apparently, so it was more like 1 1/2 for me.
The box I received was all about detoxing. Healthy, mostly veggie ingredients combined to make the most unique smoothie combos I’ve ever had. Here are my final thoughts on the program:
- No effort or work on your part. All the leg work is done for you and all you’re responsible for is some light chopping.
- Discovering new ingredients. That was probably my favorite part about the whole thing. I discovered camu camu powder, which apparently has more than your daily vitamin C requirement in just a couple spoonfuls!
- Healthy ingredients. It’s easy to throw a banana and peanut butter in a blender and call it a day, but sometimes our overall health could use a bit more of a boost. The ingredients in the Green Blender box definitely provided for that.
- Some of the smoothies could’ve used a boost of sweetness to up the flavor quotient. I get these were supposed to be detox, so maybe other boxes have sweeter options.
- You really need a high quality blender. My blender is small and not really up for the challenge of incorporating things like carrots and nuts, so even after blending for a couple minutes I still found the smoothies to be a bit chunkier than I’d like.
- You have to eat all the smoothies right away. I’m guessing most people would do this anyway, but after 5 days some of the ingredients will start to spoil. Obviously, that’s the give and take with having fresh ingredients, whether you buy them yourself or not, but I’m just throwing it out there.
My overall takeaway from this is that it’s a good option if you like all the hard work done for you. It’s also great if you want to discover new ingredients without committing to a whole package of them.
To figure out if Green Blender delivers to you, head over to their website!
*I was not compensated for my review, but I did receive the box for free. All opinions are my own!
Weekly Workout Plan
Now onto my fitness game plan for the week!
Monday- Run + ab workout at the gym.Scratch that. I stayed up late drinking wine and watching the Golden Globes. Sooo…Off to a great start, LOL.
- Tuesday- Hot yoga or barre…haven’t decided yet
- Wednesday- HIIT run + kettlebell workout
- Thursday- Barre
- Friday- Hot flow class
- Saturday- Hot yoga
- Sunday – Off
Have you ever tried Green Blender?
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever put in a smoothie?
What was the highlight of your weekend?