That’s how long I went without a cell phone when mine died in the Disney rainstorm. In that time, I learned a lot of life lessons. I thought I would impart that wisdom to you, in the event you ever find yourself in a similar position. Please save this information, so that should you also enter a dark, phone-less phase of your own, you will know what to expect.
What I Learned Without A Cell Phone
1) There really are other ways to tell the time. Turns out, if you just look for them, there are clocks everywhere.
2) You may think everyone and their brother is trying to text and call you, but they’re not. 5 days from now, you will receive your new phone and the whopping four text messages you missed.
3) No, you will not automatically get lost everywhere you go. There are things called maps and, provided you have a reasonable sense of direction, they will actually tell you which way you need to go.
4) Social media is overrated.
5) Taking pictures of every single meal is not at all overrated. You will miss this immensely and no one will ever know what you ate during those 5 days. It’s like they never happened.
What I Ate Wednesday
Now that I’ve got my new phone, I can go back to happily snapping away at my meals! Which is good because today is What I Ate Wednesday, so you’ll obviously be wanting to see everything I ate yesterday. Let’s get right into the pictures from yesterday, shall we?
Two eggs, one slice bacon, and one slice American cheese on top of an English muffin. Delish!
I had Panera’s strawberry poppyseed chicken salad (it’s baaaack!) and a Mediterranean chicken flatbread. Both were delicious, as was the new hibiscus iced tea.
While waiting for Riley to get home, I had a couple chocolate covered almonds.
After Riley got home from golfing, we met some friends out at Opus 9 for happy hour.
Then we went to Bonefish grill for drinks and food. I had a cucumber margarita, which was surprisingly tasty. Although I wouldn’t call it a “full” dinner, I had crab cakes, bang bang shrimp, and bread. Dinner of champions, my friends.
I’ll have vegetables another day I guess. Ha! We were more concerned with good conversation and catching up with friends than what we were eating. We turned in early, though, so who knows what kind of trouble our friends got into after we left!
What’s the longest you’ve gone without a cell phone?
What’s the best thing you ate yesterday?