Can I get a big “Cheers!” for the fact that it’s finally Friday? And for those of us here in the states, that means it’s a three day weekend! It’s the last real “break” I’m going to get until Thanksgiving, so I plan to make the most of it. The weather’s not supposed to be all that great around here, but I don’t mind cause I get to sleep in, relax with Riley and the pets, and just enjoy being in one spot. I may also hit the stores or the internet for some Labor Day sales too, though I’ll try to contain myself.
This video KILLS me. Oh god. I’ve watched it at least ten times, but every time I lose it when it gets to the third guy. Do yourselves a favor and take 45 seconds to watch this.
The cats must know it’s been a stressful week, because even Captain’s climbed onto my lap a few times and he is not a snuggler.
Of course, I can always count on Coco to sprawl out and cling to me for hours.
Chef Riley saves the day
Not only has he cooked just about every night this week, but he cooks stuff like this:
All I have to do is pour myself a glass of wine and flop on the couch and this magic comes out of the oven. For those wondering, it’s pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken sausage, prosciutto, peas, jalapenos, and cheese.
Labor Day Sales
Here are my favorites so far….
- Loft – 40% off at the outlets (plus an extra 10% coupon if you’re on their email list), 30% off fall stuff at the regular stores + 50% off sale styles
- Orbitz– up to 50% off hotels sale
- Target– 25% off clothes, shoes, and accessories. PLUS there’s a 25% off women’s clothes coupon on the Cartwheel app, so that’s an extra savings.
- Banana Republic– 40% off with code BRFALL
- Macys– They have a million things on sale, but one of the best looking deals is those really expensive KitchenAid mixers on sale for $249 (regularly $499)
- Bath and Body Works– Buy 3, get 3 free on their signature body care. Plus, their aromatherapy body cream is only $6 (usually $15)
- Charming Charlie– Buy one, get one free sale jewelry and hair accessories, plus lots of apparel is on sale for just $10 (including some cute dresses!)
- Puma– 30% off everything! Use code LABORDAY15
- Ann Taylor– 50% off fall styles and sales (this ends Sunday night, so I’m guessing something even better might happen on Monday)
These are just a few of the ones I found. Some Labor Day Sales get progressively better as the weekend goes on, so keep checking!
This is a super short Friday Favorites, but I’m short on time and it’s time to get this weekend started. But wait! Since I love you all, here are some puppies to get you smiling and happy for the weekend.
Stay safe this weekend and enjoy the last days of summer!
What are you up to this weekend?
Any good sales I need to know about