Happy Friday! Or shall I say, Happy Valentine’s Day eve?? Riley and I don’t have any definite plans yet, but I’m just excited to have two whole days off with him!
Last year, I had the chance to gush about Riley on Valentine’s Day. If you’re new to the blog or missed it, you should definitely head over and check it out. It’s probably one of my favorite posts from last year and gives a little background into how we got together.
Favorite Chef Riley Pizza
It wouldn’t be a Riley-themed Friday Favorites without mentioning my hubby’s stellar pizza making skills (ew, I just said ‘hubby.’ I used to hate when people did that). Riley made this back in the fall and it was probably one of my favorites ever. He topped our pizza with spinach, ricotta, and prosciutto. He’s a genius and I would likely starve without him. Luckily, he makes me pizza almost every week, so I haven’t wasted away.
Favorite memory with Riley from this past year
Definitely being back in Mexico last May. We spent our 3 year anniversary having dinner on a rooftop deck that we had all to ourselves. It was like something on the Bachelor, minus the fireworks and the helicopter ride. It was amazing to have that time with him for a week and I’m already counting down the days until we’re back on vacation together.
Five favorite qualities of Riley’s
1) He’s calm when I am not. He never freaks out about anything, even when it’s really bad. Even though it takes some effort, I try to remind myself to follow his example and only worry about the things I have immediate control over.
2) He’s well liked by EVERYONE. Seriously. I’ve never heard a bad word about him and that’s because he treats everyone he meets with respect.
3) He’s thoughtful. Whether it’s letting me have the “good” leftovers or getting me flowers for no reason, I always feel like he’s thinking of me.
4) He’s loyal. Not just because he’s faithful to me and our relationship, but he’s also a good friend to others.
5) He’s loving. He’s not as touchy-feely as I am (I’m a snuggler), but I always feel important to him and loved in our marriage.
Favorite kind of evening with Riley
Honestly? Some of my favorite nights with him are when we stay in and make dinner (pizza, obviously), drink wine, and watch funny videos online. Funny videos then turn into taking turns playing songs we like on Youtube. Youtube songs then turn into dancing (usually just me….) in our living room while the pets look at us like we’re crazy. After a few too many glasses of wine, sometimes we’ll put on our song from our wedding and slow dance. Ahhh, romance.
Riley’s my favorite. There’s no one else I’d rather go through life with and I’m happy every day for the life we’ve built together. I’m looking forward to two days of sleeping in, relaxing, and hanging out with my favorite person in the world. Whatever your plans are for V-day, I hope you give a big hug and kiss to those you love and have a wonderful weekend!
What are your weekend plans?