Prepping for a long week

How is it Monday already? We JUST did this, didn’t we? It was a short weekend since I worked Saturday, but I definitely made the most of it. Yesterday was super rainy all day. I woke up to the sound of the rain and took my sweet time getting up. I enjoyed a slow and quiet morning by baking some croissants and making a cappuccino. It was so nice to just in my recliner, flipping through a magazine, and listening to the rain fall while I enjoyed a small breakfast.

Cappuccino and croissant

Don’t get too excited, now. I am not a master croissant baker. I just baked some frozen croissants from Trader Joes, but I highly recommend the mini croissants in their freezer section. They’re perfectly flaky and super delicious! I enjoyed mine topped with some frozen mixed berries that I heated up.

After lazing around the house for a while, I mustered some motivated and took myself to the gym. I did 35 minutes of intervals on the adaptive motion trainer, a 1o minute run, some ab work, and stretching. After the gym, I ran some errands and went grocery shopping before heading home.

I know I’ve got another long week ahead of me, so I wanted to be well prepared. I did a fair amount of food prep, which took a couple hours.

Food prep collage

This week I focused on snacks and lunches. I made a batch of carrot & oatmeal muffins. I used this recipe, but only used a little brown sugar because mine had turned into a rock-hard lump. What I was able to salvage probably only amounted to a couple tablespoons of brown sugar, so they didn’t turn out super sweet. For the most part, though, I followed the recipe and thought they came out really well.

Next, I worked on some salads for the week. I actually made three of them, but just have two pictured. I layered (starting from the bottom): Yogurt ranch dressing, chopped broccoli, shredded carrots, chopped cucumber, whole-grain quinoa (90- second bags made this super easy), baked chicken breast, and spinach.

Next, I whipped up a super easy, but crazy good egg salad. I followed this recipe, using hard-cooked eggs I bought at the grocery store. I’m aware it makes me look totally lazy that I don’t even want to boil my own eggs, but I don’t. I’d rather pay double to have my eggs cooked for me. Sorry I’m not sorry. If you’re a fan of egg salad, though, I recommend trying that recipe. I mainly made it for Riley since he requested it, but I sampled some for myself and I approve!

Finally, I put into tupperware the extra baked chicken, cucumber, hard-cooked eggs, and a roasted sweet potato for the week. I’m feeling super productive, despite the lack of anything exciting happening this weekend!

Going into the week, I’m feeling super optimistic. Not only did I get in a great workout this morning (elliptical and upper body), but I’ve got this forecast to look forward to:

Williamsburg forecast

After enduring The Winter That Refused To Die, I feel like this is the universe rewarding us for our patience. I look forward to long walks around campus on my lunch break and taking Bella out every day after work.

Now I’m off to work for the day, but I can’t wait to catch up and hear what you’ve been up to these past couple days. Have a good one!

What was the highlight of your weekend?

Did you prep any food for the week?

Has winter finally thrown in the towel where you live?

0 thoughts on “Prepping for a long week

1. Arman @ thebigmansworld

Haha when I read the first bit I was like WHAT! Move over chef riley. Now I take that back ;)

I prep a few proteins for lunches and dinners and then other random things as I go along. Looks like you’re all set! Best thing I ate this weekend was waffles for lunch then waffles for dinner. Oops.

2. jessielovestorun

Yay! Check out those temperatures. Your gonna feel like your at the beach w/ those temperatures :) Heading to check out the carrot & oatmeal muffins now. They sound delicious.

Temperatures are in the 90’s, and we’ve had sandstorms the past two days. UGH!

3. Caitlyn

look at those temps!! i stopped looking at the forecast ages ago because it was depressing and i just want to be surprised when spring takes over. way to go with the food prep!

4. Jan @ Sprouts n Squats

I don’t even know the translation of those temperatures but assuming it is good ;) hehe

Would you believe I don’t really like croissants? Something about them being too buttery just doesn’t do it for me. You can have my share.

I wish I could be at home to do some food prep but my full week of food is mostly takeaway due to work travel but I’m hoping to be back home out of the cast and in the kitchen next week. Absolutely no judgement on buying pre boiled eggs, you have got to take short cuts where you can to save time if it means eating healthier all the better :)

5. runningmeg

It rained, hailed, sleeted, and snowed yesterday in Central PA. But I think that is the end of it as the forecast for the next 2 weeks doesn’t dip below 55 degrees and goes as high as 73. YESSSSS!!!

6. Heather @Fit 'N' Cookies

We have high temps coming up this week, too, and I can’t wait! tomorrow should be in the 70s.. hello spring! lol Good job on the workout yesterday! I am so bad at getting motivation to work out when it’s raining outside!

7. Jess

I thought you were baking… then I kept reading! ha! Nice try though, hey you did baked them ;)!!

Weather has been as gorgeous as it can be! I love it this time of the year, usually summer is more rainy! Glad you are having warmer weather!!

8. chasetheredgrape

Oh I wish the winter was ending in Scotland… We don’t have any snow or rain but it just refuses to warm up! And it’s super windy..,urgh!

But bad winter = good summer… right?! :-)

9. Amanda @ .running with spoons.

I have a great tip for the hard as rocks brown sugar! Put it in a tupperware container and put a moist dish/face cloth over top. The sugar will absorb some of the moisture from the cloth and soften up, then all you have to do is fluff it with a fork and it’s perfectly usable again :D

10. ranchcookie

The highlight of my weekend was my indoor soccer game yesterday. I got some bad news Friday so that really made me get excited for the week :)
    I did prep some tofu and veggies for the week! But that egg salad sounds so yummy! I am a huge eggs fan!
    It snowed on Saturday but hey we hit 63 degrees today so I am hoping!